Whether you wear them every day or only occasionally, your pieces of Penelope jewelry are precious objects that require care and attention.
The recommendations below will help you to preserve them in their original condition.
- Allow yourself the necessary time to be able to handle your jewelry carefully.
- Ensure that you remove your jewelry when washing your hands and putting on perfume or face cream. The particles present in these cosmetics, which are not eliminated by rapid rinsing, may become lodged in cavities and form a corrosive blend of materials that in the long term may lead to premature deterioration of the metal.
- Regular contact with household detergents or insecticides may damage pearls and certain precious stones.
- Products containing mercury, such as Mercurochrome, cause irreversible damage to gold.
- Take your regular activities into account when choosing your jewelry. Avoid wearing them on the beach, at the swimming pool or to play sport so as to avoid knocks and scratches. Wearing your jewelry should also be avoided when doing housework or gardening.
- Avoid the friction caused by sliding your pendant on its chain or wearing several rings on the same finger.
- Direct contact with sprays such as hairsprays, perfumes or detergents may cause damage to your watch.
- Leather straps deterioriate at different rates depending on climatic conditions, sweat acidity and levels of wear and tear. To ensure your leather strap lasts as long as possible take the following precautions: 1) avoid soaking your strap in water, 2) avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, and 3) avoid direct contact with solvents, detergents and perfumes.
- All precious metal products should be cared for with a polishing cloth and stored in the presentation box when not being worn.